THE ENTERPRISE GROWTH ACADEMY (TEGA)
The Enterprise Growth Academy (TEGA) is an entrepreneurial capacity building platform aimed at developing young minds towards entrepreneurial development, job creation and build the capacity of young business owners to expand their business to its full potentials as an entrepreneur and also create sustainable employment opportunities through the social enterprise culture. We also focus on rural entrepreneurial development by building communal enterprise culture.
The first boot camp edition was held on the 28th and 29th of December 2016 with lots of feedbacks from the participants this was possible based on the follow-up mechanism we developed. We intend to showcase the outstanding participants from 2016 during TEGA 2017.
Register now for Rhealyz TEGA 2017 https://rgnconnects.com/product/tega/
Workshop fee: #1000 (includes certificates and other resourceful materials). You will pay more at the venue
Our mission is to ensure that youths in our country are involved in the growth, development and industrialization of our economy through employment generation opportunities by:
- Building small businesses
- Enhancing thriving business outfits
- Building capacities of aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Creating social enterprises
- Rural enterprise development
‘UNEMPLOYMENT’ A TIME BOMB
According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) the unemployment rate in the country rose from 13.9 per cent (27.12 million) in the 3rd quarter to 14.2 per cent (28.58 million) in the 4th quarter of 2016 with the probability that lots of unemployed young Nigerian might not be captured. There is also an alarming rate of underemployment in Nigeria which is not in any way improving standard of living and contributing to the growth of the economy. In addition, several factors affect the growth of already existing business amongst which are lack of enthusiasm, commitment, motivation and encouragement.
Due to insufficient entrepreneurial skills, a lot of business startups have lost the capability to develop products and services that can meet up with the emerging needs of the business world. This makes economy growth of the country challenging because of the poor outputs and collapse of such business ventures in the long run. Entrepreneurship growth is the need weapon in establishing a creative, innovative and profitable society.
It would involve:
• Vocational skills
• Business management skills
• Young minds that have ideas that are ready to explore and take risks
• Youths that have entrepreneurship potentials and are ready to learn
• Upcoming entrepreneurs with a small business start ups
• Reduce the challenges of small business owners
• Build a creative and innovative society
• Give business startups more visibility
• Identify best practices in running an enterprise
• Help youths gain vocational skills that would be profitable to them
• Stimulate sharing and learning environment on sustainable startups
• Explore opportunities for entrepreneurial development and great possibilities for partnerships beyond the workshop
• Stimulate the discussion among participants that could lead to creation of sustainable income and jobs
• There would be a certification for each successful participant
Ultimately, it’s all about creating SUSTAINABLE INCOME!!! JOBs!!! ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT!!!!
Our Rural Enterprise Development Activities
We have taking our social enterprise culture to the door steps of rural dwellers by developing their skills in various economic viable skills and we also took a step further in guiding them through sustainable business plan and packaging. Some of the skills taught were soap making, phone repairs, pastry making, body cream making, marketing skills and lots more.